Terms & Conditions
- The Intellectual Property disclosure will inform users that the contents, logo and other visual media you created is your property and is protected by copyright laws.
- A Termination clause will inform that users’ accounts on your website and mobile app or users’ access to your website and mobile (if users can’t have an account with you) can be terminated in case of abuses or at your sole discretion.
- A Governing Law will inform users which laws govern the agreement. This should the country in which your company is headquartered or the country from which you operate your web site and mobile app.
- A Links To Other Web Sites clause will inform users that you are not responsible for any third party web sites that you link to. This kind of clause will generally inform users that they are responsible for reading and agreeing (or disagreeing) with the Terms and Conditions or Privacy Policies of these third parties.
- If your website or mobile apps allows users to create content and make that content public to other users, a Content section will inform users that they own the rights to the content they have created.
The “Content” clause usually mentions that users must give you (the website or mobile app developer) a license so that you can share this content on your website/mobile app and to make it available to other users.
Because the content created by users is public to other users, a DMCA notice clause (or Copyright Infringement ) section is helpful to inform users and copyright authors that, if any content is found to be a copyright infringement, you will respond to any DMCA take down notices received and you will take down the content.
- A Limit What Users Can Do clause can inform users that by agreeing to use your service, they’re also agreeing to not do certain things. This can be part of a very long and thorough list in your Terms and Conditions agreements so as to encompass the most amount of negative uses.
Please take note of our cancellation policy. If an order or items within an order are canceled, there will be a 50% charge based on the total price of the canceled items. When placing your order, please ensure the accuracy of your quantities and delivery dates. For orders that have been paid for and are subsequently canceled, a credit card processing fee will be applied to cover the refund transaction costs from our processor. For orders placed one month in advance, prices may be subject to change without notice. Late Fee: If your organization has an account with us, payment for the order is due within 30 days after your order has been confirmed. A 7.5% monthly late fee will be applied for payments not received within this time frame. A service fee of 15% is added to each order to cover the cost of providing packaging, tongs, containers, and other related items for your order. Delivery remains free for qualifying orders that meet our minimums for your specified delivery address. Additional terms and conditions: Change of Delivery Address: If the customer requests a change of delivery address after the order has been placed, additional charges may apply depending on the specific circumstances of the new address. The delivery fee may be subject to adjustment based on factors related to the new location. Changes to Delivery Date and Time: Once an order has been placed, the customer cannot change the delivery date or time. Any request to change the delivery time may result in a change of time fee. Changing the delivery date may result in the application of the cancellation fee. Allergies and Dietary Restrictions: Please inform us of any allergies or dietary restrictions when placing your order. We will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your needs but cannot guarantee that our products will be free from allergens. Ingredient Substitutions and Dish Changes: In the event that certain ingredients are unavailable or do not meet our quality standards, we reserve the right to make substitutions in our recipes or even change the dish without prior notice to the customer. We will ensure that any substitutions or dish changes are of equal or better quality and maintain the overall integrity of the meal. Food Safety: We adhere to strict food safety guidelines, but it is the customer's responsibility to ensure that the food is stored and handled properly upon delivery. We cannot be held responsible for any illness or adverse reactions caused by the mishandling of our products after they have been delivered. Liability: Our liability for any damages arising from our products or services shall be limited to the total amount paid by the customer for the order in question. In no event shall we be liable for any indirect, consequential, or punitive damages. Force Majeure: We shall not be held responsible for any failure to fulfill our obligations under this agreement due to unforeseen circumstances or events beyond our control, such as natural disasters, strikes, or transportation disruptions. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution: These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California. Any disputes arising from or relating to these terms and conditions shall be resolved through binding arbitration in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association. By placing an order with us, you agree to these terms and conditions. Please review them carefully before confirming your order.